PPG Add-on Utilities
Power Pick Global (PPG) is a great software program. Even so, customers sometimes need the ability to do more than what Power Pick offers.
In response, Chain Reference Inc. has developed numerous add-on tools that enhance the Power Pick Global experience. Here is a list of many of these tools.
You can order these through your KardexRemstar dealer.
- Web-based Reporting: Offers visual and automated reports of PPG data.
- Dashboard Tool: Web-based. Show and compare metrics.
- Variance Report Tool: Auto-generated scheduled report of material stock discrepancies between the host (ERP) system and PPG. Requires a file output from the host system. Sends to any of file, printout, email.
- Order Alert Tool: Light up bulbs or light strips when there are orders to pick. Colours change by priority. Hub and 1 light or light strip included.
- System Status Tool: Interface for 1) Current stations running PPG. 2) Tool to clear user list (limited, to prevent unintended usage) 3) Weekly summary.
- Location Output Report Tool: Output the current stock list to a file or email, including the locations, materials, and details. Useful for ERP systems to compare stock levels. Can serve as an offline inventory list (backup, if Power Pick is not accessible, for non-PPG users). Note: Power Pick Global’s built-in stock output tool a) does not include the location, b) may take hours to run depending on the number of materials.
- Zero Stock Report Tool: Output on a set frequency to a file or email a list of items that are out of stock (zero quantity).
- Reorder Report Tool: Auto-generated scheduled material re-order report to show what’s low in stock. Sends to file or email.
- Cycle Count Manager Tool: Set up a scheduler that will auto-generate count orders based on one of 1) material properties, 2) trays/carriers. Generate count orders for materials when there are count or pick quantity deviations.
- Recurring Orders Tool: Set up recurring orders (repeat picking the same materials) on a schedule or triggered. Example: Hospital Emergency Carts to pick for every day.
- Order Shortage Report Tool: Automated report to file, Excel, or email to show orders that have incomplete allocations (stock shortages).
- Quantity Deviation Report Tool: Output a list of history transactions with a deviated quantity (Counts, Picks, Puts). To a text file, Excel file, and/or email.
- Expiry Report Tool: Automated output to a file or email of items that have expired, or will expire shortly.
- Replenishment Tool: Looks at materials running low in a primary pick zone or set of storage units (e.g. VLMs) and creates transfer orders to pick from an overstock or replenishment zone (e.g. Racks) and put to the primary pick locations based on a desired maximum quantity for that material.
- History Manager Tool: Set up a separate table to store history to 1) safeguard against someone deleting PPG history, 2) use for external reporting tools, 3) allow for PPG to archive history.
- Pick Order Diverter Tool: Scan the order or Handling Unit for a pick, and display the next destination station based on current order allocations.
- PPG Tools Mobile Batch Setup App: This builds batches of orders by scanning a series of totes and assigning them to orders in an optimized pick sequence. Runs on a mobile Zebra Android device and utilizes the built-in scanner.
- Staging Tool for Received Materials: This module imports receipt/purchase order details from the host ERP system and adds the materials to a staging location in PPG. This provides visibility of these materials in PPG so that the pick process can select them in regular picking or using a separate station (e.g. mobile). The tool prepares a transfer order to move the materials from the staging area to the desired storage locations.
- PPG Tools Dashboard – Basic: Visual tool to see metrics and KPIs. Examples: Picks per hour, open orders, items running low, top items picked,…Up to 5 metrics included.
- Heat Map Report Tool: Automated list showing top locations that have the highest frequency picked items. Can be used to help slot items, grouping fast-movers, slow movers, etc.
- Order Analysis and Optimization Tool: Shows 1) The next items to be processed (i.e. picked/put) 2) Locations that will be accessed by the next Picks, Puts 3) Where items on a pick list are located 4) For upcoming Picks/Puts how many are in stock, capacity left (& if there’s not enough), how many other locations already have that material (and their remaining capacity) there’s not enough), how many other locations already have that material (and their remaining capacity)
- Stock Max Tool: Send an alert (output signal to a PLC or other device) when the Put event brings the current quantity >/+ a max for that material
- Reset History: To enable a second export when more than one other application needs to process the PPG history transactions.
- Order Return Tool: Select a previously processed Pick order (within a selected date range) and create a Put order to return the items picked (can select/de-select items).
- Material Request Tool – Windows App (Basic): Offers a way to create PPG pick orders from a separate Windows utility.
- Material Request Tool – iPad App: Offers a way to create PPG pick orders from an iPad app.
- Material Request Tool –Web App: Offers a way to create PPG pick orders from a browser.
- ERP Material Import Utility: Uses a file output from ERP to determine any new materials that are not in PPG and imports those into PPG.
- Receiving-to-Put Tool (PC Version): Uses a file from ERP with Receipt (from PO or Production) data to 1) Import new materials, 2) Scan a Tote ID, 3) Scan materials into the Tote, 4) Create a Put Order for PPG to import (with the Tote ID as the Put Order). PPG relates the confirmations back to ERP (if needed) of the original Receipt Order.
- Receiving-to-Put Tool (Mobile Android Version): Uses a file from ERP with Receipt (from PO or Production) data to 1) Import new materials, 2) Scan a Tote ID, 3) Scan materials into the Tote, 4) Create a Put Order for PPG to import (with the Tote ID as the Put Order). PPG relates the confirmations back to ERP (if needed) of the original Receipt Order.
- Kit Pick Viewer Tool: See how many kits can be picked with current stock and for x kits, what is short.
- Put Order Entry Tool: A separate user-interface to enter the materials and their quantities to put away. Useful in conjunction with other tools to optimize Puts, Put to Zones, etc.
- Put To Zone Utility: Uses a Put file from an ERP system or Put Order Entry Tool to analyze the current PPG stock and desired top-up quantities, then designates the Puts to the appropriate Zones.
- VLM Tray Mover Tool:Move trays from one Storage Unit to another.
- Material Re-Slotting Utility: Utilizes Pick Frequencies and Material Classifications along with Zones to generate Transfer Orders that will be used to move materials to other locations.
- RESTful API: Offers an API for integration with other software: ERP, PLCs, etc.
- PLC integration: Enables PLC systems to integrate with PPG data for automation.
- Enhanced Display Tool: Shows details of individual orders and order lines, features that are not supported by the PPG Display Tool
- ERP Order File Converter: Rebuilds the interface file when the ERP output does not conform to PPG needs. Example: Order header, then separate order lines.
- NOVA to PPG Stock Data Converter: Build PPG stock from NOVA data including empty bin locations.
- Kit Batch Order Tool: Build batches of pick orders by scanning a series of Kit IDs. (Since PPG does not itself support batch picking of Kits.)
Supplemental Support Options
Note: These are separate from and in addition to Kardex Software Support options.
- PPGSupport.com Access – Basic: Per year. Access to ppgsupport.com Knowledge Base – Intermediate Level. Common issues and solutions, helpful resources, etc. Access for all users per customer. NOTE: Does not replace software support from KardexRemstar.
- PPGSupport.com Access – Intermediate: Per year. Access to ppgsupport.com Knowledge Base – Intermediate Level. Common issues and solutions, best practices, helpful resources, etc. Includes basic non-critical email support. Access for all users per customer. NOTE: Does not replace software support from KardexRemstar.
- PPGSupport.com Access – Advanced: Per year. Access to ppgsupport.com Knowledge Base.- Advanced Level. Common issues and solutions, best practices, helpful resources, advanced tools, access to queries and custom reports, etc. Includes basic non-critical email support. Access for all users per customer. NOTE: Does not replace software support from KardexRemstar.
- Training: Basic, Advanced
- Parts Load Service
- PPG Program Consulting
- PPG Integration Services
Add-on Equipment Available
- Mobile Devices (Zebra Android Devices) and Accessories
- Rugged Tablets and Accessories
- Label Printers (Industrial, Tabletop, Mobile) and Consumables
- Bar Code Scanners
- RFID Readers
Contact your KardexRemstar dealer salesperson or firstname.lastname@example.org